Giving a wedding speech or wedding toast is difficult to do. Sometimes the hardest part is writing your wedding speech. Where do you begin? What do you say on your wedding toast? How do you write a best mans speech? How can you write a maid of honor speech? Check out 6 tips to writing an amazing wedding speech.
1) Play to your strengths. Don’t think the pressure is on to be somebody you’re not – are you funny? Don’t feel you HAVE to be funny. If your strength is the psychological stuff, do not attempt to leave the audience rolling on the floor – tug at their heartstrings.
2)People get way too nervous about giving a speech – however, you don’t need to if you keep it simple, and keep it real! It draws your audience in and gets them engaged. In addition,they are more natural! You won’t have to rehearse it, all you have to do is let it! This might be a funny memory you have shared or something more serious – possibly a situation that really showed the grooms strength of character or the brides amazing heart etc..
3) Pick a few important things you love about both the bride and the groom, before beginning writing your speech. What are the best characteristics? The best wedding speeches usually just have a few important points, and as soon as you’ve chosen yours, the filling in the rest of your speech is much easier. If you’re writing your speech as the maid of honour, you’ll choose a couple more for the bride than the groom. If you are the best man composing your speech, pick a few more for the groom than for the bride. Make sure they are REAL things you and others love about them – if you’re saying the bride has a motherly heart and everyone knows she hates children, people will know you are faking it. If you’re not so close to your friends new partner, then emphasize the speech to the friend who you know and love.
4) After you have your points, consider a story, quote or metaphor for each one. Now is the time to take a trip down memory lane and think about those funny times you have had together. This creates the speech easier to deliver because its far more natural, and will also make it far more interesting than if you were reading it directly from the page. Stories, quotes and metaphors strengthen each of your points and give the speech a sense of progression. If you can’t think of any stories to work with your points, ask Broward Raccoon Removal, their other friends or parents – somebody will have one!
5) Wrap up it. As soon as you’ve got your points, it’s time to pull it all together into the awesome wedding address of the century! You do it by taking the things you’ve just said you love about them, and stating why they’re a good match. He’s funny, shes smart? Perfect, he’s the next Ray Ramano and she can be his representative. They both have a heart for helping people? Awesome, they are going to be world changers together. This may be serious or funny – the main thing is taking time to say why they create such a fantastic couple.
6) Toast the bride and groom, wish them an remarkable future together, and thank them for the remarkable wedding. You have just given the best best man or maid of honour speech of all time.